Saturday, November 20, 2010

Week two

Sunday was all in all unremarkable. I could not get St Patrick to do his homework at all. July 4th got her partially done which is good because she is already getting a D. The other two got their done. I did manage to work a bit with Halloween on her toddler skills. I finished the laundry and did a bit of cleaning. I ended up going to bed early which led me to waking up at two in the morning, really too early to get ready for work.



Monday. Since I was up so early I did a bit more housework then got the teens up early to do the homework they did not finish over the weekend. They were not done when the bus got there but promised to go as soon as they got it done. I went ahead to work trusting they would do as they said. The boss Nick Nack was pleased with the report I gave him on the book he assigned me to read. We talked for a while and I think we even became friends.

Tuesday the boss asked me to talk to a co-worker about an escalating problem before it got out of hand. I have no idea why he ashed this of me but I agreed to do this. I guess this made him so happy he gave me a promotion to Paramedic. Fortunately I managed to catch her just outside of the hospital. She complained to me about Juan hogging all the lab time. I will talk to him about that. The talk with my co-worker took so long it was dark by the time I got to the junkyard. They were getting ready to close but I managed to grab a couch.



Wednesday dawned way too early. I managed to grab a nap in the ready room but spent most of my day doing paperwork for the boss, by the time I left I was fairly exhausted and while I tried to catch up to Juan he left too fast for me. I ended up passing out just as I got home from work.



Thursday was a bit better. Grabbed a dishwasher from the junkyard then went to talk to Juan. It was a good thing I went to the junk yard first, as there was a medical emergency at the spa where I was meeting Juan. I took care of the gentleman. It made me feel better about the whole day. I am not sure exactly how it happened but I found myself agreeing to throw a party and inviting Juan to it. Maybe I should plan a birthday party for Thanksgiving - his birthday is soon.



Friday was pretty much just another day.

Saturday we had a birthday for Thanksgiving. The cake caught the counter on fire. Overall the party was a disaster, Juan seemed to have fun though and agreed to iron out his differences. (Simmers note - Choosing a trait was not allowed, he was given Genius)

No comments:

Post a Comment